post judgement modification explained


After a divorce, it is not uncommon for situations and circumstances to change making your original custody, alimony or support order untenable or unmanageable. You may have a new job schedule that doesn’t permit your original visitation schedule or need additional support to adjust to a child’s needs.


I offer aggressive and zealous advocacy to help you obtain a modification of order to adjust to your change in circumstances. I can also represent your interests to challenge a modification if it is against your best interests or those of your child.


I have over 13 years of experience representing clients in post-judgment modifications involving child support, custody, and spousal support. I will take a comprehensive approach to understand your immediate and future needs, working with experts and other professionals who will testify on your behalf when necessary. With my experience and ability, you can trust that I will provide dependable legal support that yields results.


A modification may be in order under the following circumstances:


  • Your child has an illness that demands additional care or support


  • You have changed jobs or lost a job, making your original child support order unmanageable

  • You need additional financial assistance because you lost your job and are the primary caretaker of a child

  • You are seeking to relocate and need a modification to a child custody or visitation order

  • You need advocacy involving enforcement or contempt involving a child support or child custody order

How do I obtain a post-judgment modification?


In order to obtain a modification of orders, you must be able to demonstrate to the court that you have a substantial, permanent, involuntary material change in your circumstances.


I will take immediate and strategic action to protect your rights and respond to your needs, using documentation, expert testimony and witness statements and other evidence to support your claim, and will make sure that your custody or support order adapts to the financial and personal needs of your family as prescribed by Florida law.


If you are in need of an attorney with post judgement modification experience, contact for a free consulation today.


The material on this page represents general legal advice. Since the law is continually changing, some of the provisions contained here may be out of date. It is always best to consult a family law attorney about your legal rights and responsibilities regarding your particular case.