divorce explained


Known in Florida as dissolution of marriage, every divorce proceeding is unique. Since this is the case, each situation must be treated individually, taking into account the impact that the divorce may have on the client and his or her family.


At the law office of Mary Beth Corn, P.A., I confidently handle any type of divorce from straightforward uncomplicated divorces with no children and little property to complex dissolutions involving significant assets and contested child custody issues. Clients need a realistic perspective of their case and the potential outcomes.


I provide representation in all aspects of divorce law and competenly address the following issues:


Distribution of Assets and Liabilities


Generally, marital property includes all of the parties' assets, including homes, property, financial accounts, household furnishings, cars, boats, and other property. We can help you locate, inventory, and value marital property. I have personally litigated numerous disputes involving:


  • Property division
  • Complex business valuation
  • Valuation of assets
  • Distribution of mutual funds, stocks, and securities
  • Allocation of debts and debt management
  • Division of pensions, 401K plans, and other retirement funds
  • Attorneys' fees and costs

We will work to negotiate an equitable distribution of debts and assets.


Children's Issues


I always litigate in a manner that protects teh childrens interest. Various issues come up during the divorce process concerning the children. You need guidence and common sense to help calm the situation and devlop a strategy for the optimal outcome.




I have prsonally mediate hundreds of divorce cases to resolution. This is the most effective way to gain closure on tis difficult time in your familys life.


If you are in need of an attorney with divorce experience, contact www.marybethcorn.com for a free consulation today.


The material on this page represents general legal advice. Since the law is continually changing, some of the provisions contained here may be out of date. It is always best to consult a familly law attorney about your legal rights and responsibilities regarding your particular case.